[texworks] SCRIPTS: TW.getItem() returning everything lower case?

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 20:23:48 CET 2010

Hi,

On 2010-12-08 00:36, Paul A Norman wrote:
>> The only
>> thing that has changed (at least in my Windows builds, compared to
>> before) is the version of Qt.
> What version of Qt is being used at present please - 4.7 - as in help about?

Yes, Qt 4.7.0.

> Its fickle - sometimes it happens (mostly), sometimes it doesn't, in
> successive calls to the script - only occurrence of this that I am yet
> aware of in anything that I am using on this computer at present.
>
> Here is an image showing what repeated running of the script shown
> does, as described in the comment line. The results were being
> inserted in the Scirpt's file in Tw as it was used.
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13401476/general_images/TW.getItem_fickle_problem_lowercase_returned.jpg
>
> The message box in the image should show:    Huge

Could you test with a list of strings that contains no (entirely)
lower-case entries? So we can determine if this is actually a problem of
case, or of selecting the wrong item ("huge" instead of "Huge")?
As you already saw in the code, the getItem function is basically a
direct wrapper around the native Qt function QInputDialog::getItem. So
unless something weird happens in passing data to/from scripting, this
seems very much like a Qt bug (if any) to me.

-Stefan