[texworks] A newbie question

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 15:56:25 CET 2010

Hi,

On 2010-12-04 02:19, Julio Hernando Vargas Moreno wrote:
> Sorry, I'm a newby inTeXworkx.

No need to apologize - everyone has started that way, and we don't bite ;).

> I try to compile a document and I get a message:
>

> MTXrun | kpse fallback with progname 'context' initialized in 0.5 seconds
>
> "ruby" no se reconoce como un comando interno o externo,
>
> programa o archivo por lotes ejecutable.
>
> MTXrun |
>
> MTXrun | This script needs 'ruby.exe' which seems not to be installed.
>
> MTXrun |
>

> I have ruby installed,  (Windows 7)

This is not a problem of TeXworks itself, but rather of one of the
programs it calls. It seems you're trying to typeset a ConTeXt document?
If so, do you have ConTeXt installed and working properly? What TeX
distribution do you have, anyway?

HTH