[texworks] We've reached r700+; please test

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 08:09:10 CET 2010

Hi,

Looking good, just to clarify please, a few quick questions.

In   http://www.google.com/codesearch/p?hl=en#TCAOwTxChU8/trunk/src/TWScriptAPI.cpp&q=writeFile%20package:http://texworks%5C.googlecode%5C.com

line 257

/Q_INVOKABLE
int TWScriptAPI::writeFile(const QString& filename, const QString&
content) const

1. Ok, so const QString& filename is a fully qualified path?

Through Qt internals, does the path default to anything if no path is given?

Stefan, you mentioned that const QString& content is going to write as UTF-8

  umBytes = fout.write(content.toUtf8());

2. If  QString& content is only ascii will that as expected only
render as Ascii in that utf-8 doesn't kick in unil after ascii 127(?)
- is that right? Ascii to 128 will still be saved as a single octet?
Qt doesn't do anything unexpected here?

3. And the int returned on success/failure, is there some hint as to
cause of failure available?

Looks at moment like just   SystemAccess_Failed    or
SystemAccess_OK  -  is that right?

For text files returnFileContents() will be really really helpful :)

TIA
paul