[texworks] UPDATE: New Windows version - please test

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 00:39:08 CET 2010

On 25/11/2010 2:58 PM, Stefan Löffler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just posted a new test build. The dialog issue should hopefully be
> resolved now. On Windows Vista and later, the native dialogs are used,
> while on XP and before, the Qt dialogs are used (due to the missing
> "bookmarks" in the native XP dialogs).

I just tried the new build in XP, and I would find it unusable because
of the Qt dialogs.  (I don't know what "bookmarks" are.)

XP dialogs allow things like TortoiseSVN to mark icons and install menu
items.  The Qt dialogs don't appear to support that.  Less seriously, Qt
also gets some paths wrong (e.g. saying C: when it means C:\).

On the positive side, the Qt dialogs treat C:/foo in a sensible way
(i.e. as C:\foo; the native dialogs say "invalid path").  But that
wouldn't be enough to get me to use it.

Duncan Murdoch