[texworks] Scripting Updates

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 21:12:23 CET 2010

Hi,

On 2010-11-25 11:15, Paul A Norman wrote:
>  Envisaged I'd need to overhaul any useful scripts I'd put up once you
> guys have finished tinkering - been holding off till things stabilise.

Yeah, probably. Current plans include to turn off current workarounds,
namely opening a document - getting the text - closing it again, at
least for files the script has no permission to access and/or
confirmation by the user.

>  I'll change the TwScript api skeleton tree accordingly - please leave
> them where they are in the OpenOffice document I sent you, I'll fix
> them when you're able to process it back to me.

OK (thanks for the file, btw). I haven't gotten around to writing
something - been busy working on the code ;).
BTW: it would be great if you could send me a revised version with
everything you got so far (e.g., what you've used and know about). That
way, I could check that and amend it where necessary, without having to
recreate everything.

>  If TwScript file access stabilises in time for 0.4, I could possibly
> ready the Alt+F1 Alt+2 Latex help to go with 0.4 if you want?
> (http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=261&can=5#c30)
>  and possibly the colour dialogue - do you have a sense of your
> time-scale for ver 0.4?

We hope it is stable for 0.4 - that's the point ;).
Regarding packaging the scripts, please note that Tw does not include
very many scripts by default. The general intent was to be able to
customize Tw, without clustering the scripts menu with dozens of
predefined things, AFAIK. But I leave this decision to Jonathan.

HTH