[texworks] Texworks and qtgui4.dll

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 17:29:58 CET 2010

Hi,

On 2010-11-24 12:20, Laurent VIDU wrote:
> I am a new user of Texworks.

Welcome to the community, then :).

> More and more often now, texworks crashes while i'm typing  text.
> In the report error appears qtgui4.dll.
>
> What is wrong with this library?

>From the configuration info attached to your mail, it seems you're using
the build supplied by MiKTeX. So it would probably be better to ask on
their list. I haven't heard of such problems before - does this appear
in particular files, when typing particular text, ...? Just from the
fact that there is something wrong, it's usually impossible to determine
what it actually is.

Anyway, there has been quite some development going on recently. So you
may want to try out the latest build available from
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/downloads/list (currently, the latest
one is TeXworks-w32-v0.3r686-build1.zip). For one thing, this doesn't
use qtgui4.dll ;).

HTH