[texworks] Printing (was: Current status of Tw development)

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 09:41:15 CET 2010

Hi,

I like the combination of the two ideas: informing the user, and
offering to open the file in the default viewer instead. Since Karl and
Jonathan agree with me, I've just committed code for that.

A few notes:
 * Paul, we don't need to call the scripts, we can call the C++
functions directly ;).
 * I did not go the elaborate way with menus, submenus, several menu
items, etc. There's just "Print Pdf..." which then displays a message
box with the information and the option to open the file in the default
viewer instead. I think this is the easiest way to this and probably
also the one most users will understand best. Experimental features may
be part of the development versions, but then they will most likely just
replace the "we can't print" code - so there shouldn't be the need for
several menu items (or even third-party program specific options)

Thanks for the ideas!
-Stefan