[texworks] Current status of Tw development

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 17:37:14 CET 2010

On 2010-11-17 15:47, Lars Madsen wrote:
> Might be an idea to just add an entry 'About printing' under 'File'
> explaining why TeXWorks cannot print the file.
>
> Better to inform the user about a decision than to not provide anything.

This is certainly an idea to think about...

> BTW: Will it in newer installation be possible to make global changes
> to say a windows installation in a roaming environment (or what ever
> it is called). I just had a long chat with one of our Windows admins.
> Where I explained that it might be handy to add dictionaries to
> TeXWorks. But we had no idea where to add these globally (it might be
> possible on MikTeX, but I don't think it is possible in the TeXLive
> installation for Windows).

At the moment, Tw doesn't allow for multiple concurrent resource
directories. This certainly is also something for the future, but
there's always the issue of what takes precedence over what else.
Anyway, if you're comfortable with that, you could relocate the whole
resource folder (including translations, scripts, syntax highlighting,
auto completion, ...) by employing the portable operation mechanism
documented at http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=95.
This should make all translations file available to all users.

HTH