[texworks] Current status of Tw development

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Wed Nov 17 11:02:43 CET 2010

Le 17 nov. 2010 à 10:45, Stefan Löffler a écrit :

> Consequently, we should all move forward now and resume working on the
> next big goal for Tw: the 0.4 stable release. This means a lot of
> testing, and probably fixing some bugs. This also means that until the
> 0.4 release, you shouldn't expect any new major features. It's all about
> stability now, and rounding off scripting in its current state.

That's great news indeed!

One thing which requires clarification too in this coming release is printing: AFAIK there's an unofficial patch adding printing for Windows which has been included in MikTeX, and since for many users TeX for Windows is MikTeX then printing has become a de facto feature of TeXworks.

It would be great if the issue could be clarified in the forthcoming release, so that the Windows, Linux and Mac version of TeXworks become on par again, with either all or none offering printing, and if they do then with a consistent UI across platforms.

Bruno Voisin