[texworks] [tex-live] texworks in TL 2010

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 09:58:37 CET 2010

Hi,

Am 2010-11-14 00:36, schrieb Reinhard Kotucha:
> On 12 November 2010 Andreas Hirsch wrote:
>
>  > quoting Jörn Clausen, [12.11.2010 22:25 +0100]:
>  >> On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 5:56 PM, Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org> wrote:
>  > >> Seriously, someone who can not change (or learn how to change) a
>  > >> single configuration option should not be allowed to touch a
>  > >> computer in the first place. You don't need to spoon feed your
>  > >> users, they are either welling to learn or should be looking
>  > >> somewhere else.
>  > >
>  > > When was the last time you tought a course on a TeX related topic?
>  >
>  > thats the point!
>

> It's described in detail already, see section 5 of:
>
>   http://members.gaponline.de/lukste/texlive2010-anleitung
>
> Curiously enough, this manual was even prepared by one of your course
> participants.  Thus, it can't be *that* difficult.  :)

A short note: the given explanation is not fully correct (in fact I
wonder why it works at all). The correct procedure would be to use the
"Standard:" drop-down box below the list of programs to set the default
one. I sent a mail to the address given on the mentioned page, but I
wanted to state this here as well just in case.

Cheers,