[texworks] [tex-live] texworks in TL 2010

Andreas Hirsch nishni_nowgorod at gaponline.de
Fri Nov 12 20:48:21 CET 2010

quoting Khaled Hosny, [12.11.2010 17:56 +0100]:
> On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 05:49:39PM +0100, Lars Madsen wrote:
>> Axel E. Retif wrote:

>>> Fixed?!!! I think people who prefer to use plain pdfTeX don't
>>> think there is anything to fix!
>>>
>>> And repackaging instead of going to Preferences -> Typesetting ->
>>> Default and selecting your preferred engine-format?
>>>
>>> And if I think that everybody should be using XeLaTeX, can I ask
>>> for a repackaging with XeLaTeX as the default engine-format?
>>>

>>> Axel
>>>

>> please keep your sarcasm to your self. We are trying to get more
>> users to start using LaTeX (and friends) and exactly how many
>> pdftex (engine) users are there compared to pdflatex users?
>>
>> Tools that do not work out of the box for the average new user
>> gives the user a bad experience
>
> Seriously, someone who can not change (or learn how to change) a
> single configuration option should not be allowed to touch a computer
> in the first place. You don't need to spoon feed your users, they are
> either welling to learn or should be looking somewhere else.

Ok - as Lars said, we are trying to convince Word and OO User to use
LaTeX. Its a _very_ hard job! Should I stop teaching pupils to use
LaTeX? Eyery bit that works not as exspected causes the next few pupils
of _very few_ pupils indeed to stop trying.

For newbies pdflatex is the start! An whose, who are expirienced could
easy configure.

Andreas

--
'Computer power is a supplement