[texworks] Scripting Editor

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 07:54:57 CET 2010

Hi,

Am 2010-11-05 08:34, schrieb Paul A Norman:
> I was thinking of cusomising an editor I have access to the source for
> for QtScript, then thought - what other small foot print Cross
> platform text editor was there that would be good for eding the
> QtScripts that could be customised.
>
> Then I thought, may be I'm staring at one!

Well, Tw would not have been the first thing I'd thought of, but of
course you can customize the different aspects to suit scripting.

> And in the syntax-patterns.txt in TeXworks/config/completion
>
> Will we need a new section [QtScript] ?

Ideally, yes. This way, people can select "QtScript" from the syntax
highlighting menu (and don't run into weird problems with script-related
highlighting in LaTeX).

> Appreciate anyt feed back before I get to advanced on this please.

If you want to follow through with this, I'd suggest to create templates
as well. Copying/retyping all the header stuff gets tedious ;).

HTH