[texworks] Scripts: Exploration of TW objects

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 11:31:18 CET 2010

HI,

There are a couple of functions under TW.target that have an unexpected names.

 runScript(QObject*)
 runScript(QObject*,TWScript::ScriptType)

 runHooks(QString)

Stefan has already told me that we can not run scripts from scripts so
I am naturally intrigued by these fellows' names !
If they don't set anything do I populate them and they return a value
of some sort?

I tried this but running it breaks on  TW.target.runScript(xx);

 var xx = {};
 TW.target.runScript(xx);
 TW.information(null, "xx", xx);
 var yy = {}; var look;
 TW.target.runScript(yy,look)
 TW.information(null, yy, look);

This guy is referring to Qt style css type instructions for the current window?
setStyleSheet(QString)

And I was looking for guidance on these two please.

 setSyntaxColoring(int)
 setSyntaxColoringMode(QString)

Does that suggest that some aspect of the syntax-patterns.txt file can
be directly selected?

Paul