[texworks] Scripting: Libraries: FYI - compilation of equivalent PHP functions for Qt/JavaScript

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 14:03:20 CET 2010

Hi,

Am 2010-10-22 06:43, schrieb Paul A Norman:
>       "Use PHP functions in JavaScript"
>
>   http://phpjs.org/pages/home
>
> Some very clever fellows have ported a considerable number of string
> handling, array handling and other potentially very useful functions
> across from php to EMCA style scripting, and made them all work as per
> the PHP manual (documentation as it already exists).
>
>   http://phpjs.org/functions/index

Thanks for sharing. This is indeed very interesting! I'll have to look
into this some time in more detail...

> (I was thinking these may be useful for Qt scripting? There are of
> course many things that would never be used - and perhaps a core set
> of things we could tie into the TwApi perhaps thorugh a wrapper? like
> a specialized  file_get_contents()  etc ...

Is file_get_contents() working with Tw? As far as I can gather, it is
based on an Ajax request - so, very internet specific. I wouldn't expect
this to work with the normal Qt scripting engine, especially without the
webbrowser control functionality, but maybe I'm wrong.

Cheers,