[texworks] launchPdf.js / TW is not defined (was: Message from TeXworks User(Miktex))

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 14:00:09 CET 2010

Hi,

Am 2010-10-28 18:30, schrieb Christopher Davis:
> (I have Windows 7 and am using texworks Version 0.3 (r514) miktex 2.8.)
>
> I've tried using the "launchPdf.js" script (which as far as I can tell
> contains only the line "TW.app.launchFile(TW.target.fileName);").  It does
> show up on my scripts menu, but I receive:  "ReferenceError:  TW is not
> defined".  Did I not copy the correct js file?  I retrieved it from
> http://code.google.com/p/texworks/source/browse/trunk/res/resfiles/scripts/launchPdf.js

The reason for this is hat the TW object was introduced in r538 (btw,
that's the reason you didn't find the launchPdf.js script bundled with
your version of TeXworks). So, in order to use this script, you need to
use a newer version of the program. AFAIK, MiKTeX 2.9 ships with a more
recent version. Alternatively, there are some experimental builds
available on http://web.student.tuwien.ac.at/~e0325258/projects/c/texworks/.

HTH