[texworks] Scripting: Libraries: FYI - compilation of equivalent PHP functions for Qt/JavaScript

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 13:03:58 CEST 2010

P.S should have mentioned that this library  also comes in a commonJs version.

CommonJs considerations may be something for us to keep in mind for QtScript?

"CommonJS - JavaScript is a powerful object oriented language with
some of the fastest dynamic language interpreters around. The official
JavaScript specification defines APIs for some objects that are useful
for building browser-based applications. However, the spec does not
define a standard library that is useful for building a broader range
of applications.

"The CommonJS API will fill that gap by defining APIs that handle many
common application needs, ultimately providing a standard library as
rich as those of Python, Ruby and Java. The intention is that an
application developer will be able to write an application using the
CommonJS APIs and then run that application across different
JavaScript interpreters and host environments. With CommonJS-compliant
systems, you can use JavaScript to write:

"Server-side JavaScript applications
Command line tools
Desktop GUI-based applications
Hybrid applications (Titanium, Adobe AIR)
"

http://www.commonjs.org/

http://www.commonjs.org/impl/

http://arstechnica.com/web/news/2009/12/commonjs-effort-sets-javascript-on-path-for-world-domination.ars