[texworks] Tiny menu design flaw

Marko Käning mk362 at mch.osram.de
Fri Oct 22 10:30:44 CEST 2010

Hi tw developers,

attached you'll find a PNG showing a little quirck in the layout of the
window dropdown menu I found in TW 0.3 r.670.

There is seemingly too much empty space in the PDF viewer in the
"Fenster/Zeige" menu if German is selected for the GUI.

If I switch over to English "Window/Show" is actually filled with
 Contents
 PDFinfo
 Fonts

When I now go back to German the correctly translated entries appear
now there as well!

On next restart of TW with German setting the menu will be empty again.

And eventually I see that the menu is seemingly empty, but still reacts to
a mouseclick and e.g. shows the fonts window. As soon as you release the
mouse the correct German text appear for that menu item. Looks like there
is a bug in creating the menu item texts.

To make it complete: I set TW to English and restarted with this as
default language setting. The I see THE SAME BEHAVIOUR for English.

So, it doesn't have anything to do with the translation, but is clearly
connected with the menu creation.

Hope this helps to find the culprit.

Best regards,
Marko