[texworks] SCRIPTING: get current poppler page number

Matthias Pospiech matthias.pospiech at gmx.de
Wed Oct 20 23:33:31 CEST 2010

Am 20.10.2010 23:22, schrieb Reinhard Kotucha:

> However, the implementation of these programs seems to be completely
> different on Windows.  There isn't even a fork() system call and the
> Windows version is using DDE for inter process communication while, as
> far as I understand, the Unix version uses X11 facilities.
If it uses the DDE commands that Texniccenter had implemented for ages
these work only
for the professional series not the free acrobat reader. Maybe that has
changed for V9
but DDE is not really reliable since all versions of acrobat differ.

Note that I am not an export on the DDE use of acrobat, this is only
what I learned by using it.

Matthias