[texworks] autcompletion behaviour

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Oct 17 17:22:35 CEST 2010

On Oct 17, 2010, at 9:58 AM, Matthias Pospiech wrote:

> Am 17.10.2010 14:21, schrieb Herbert Schulz:
>> On Oct 17, 2010, at 3:32 AM, Andreas Hirsch wrote:
>>> Personally I'm missing things like autocomplete enviroment etc much more.
>>
>> Have you tried Command Completion? Put `bite' at the start of a line and press Tab. (On the Mac Opt-Tab takes you to and selects the next Mark [•] --- some other key on other systems.) See the TeXworks Manual for more information.
> That is not autocompletetion, it is a nice feature, but really it is an additional set of commands to learn. And without reading the manual impossible to discover.
> If I insert "\begin{item" it is completed, that is fine. But "\begin{" gives me "\begin{array}\end{array}". That is not ok, since I did not want array.
> I could not find any way to define the autocompletion results in the case of many completions. Here I would prever the behaviour of kile/texmaker(x).
> Btw does tw make use of the completion list from kile (cwl files)?
>
> Matthias

Howdy,

Did you try

\begin{ite and Tab? Just put in the start of the environment you want and Tab. The abbreviations are fairly simple `b' starts all environments (for \begin) and the rest is typically a few leading letters of the environment name (bite, benu, etc.). Additional presses of Tab will choose the next match which is typically a variation of the basic environment.

TW, whose interface is modelled after TeXShop on the Mac, uses the original CommandCompletion.txt file introduced for that front end.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)