[texworks] autcompletion behaviour

Matthias Pospiech matthias.pospiech at gmx.de
Sun Oct 17 16:58:17 CEST 2010

  Am 17.10.2010 14:21, schrieb Herbert Schulz:
> On Oct 17, 2010, at 3:32 AM, Andreas Hirsch wrote:
>> Personally I'm missing things like autocomplete enviroment etc much more.
>
> Have you tried Command Completion? Put `bite' at the start of a line and press Tab. (On the Mac Opt-Tab takes you to and selects the next Mark [•] --- some other key on other systems.) See the TeXworks Manual for more information.
That is not autocompletetion, it is a nice feature, but really it is an
additional set of commands to learn. And without reading the manual
impossible to discover.
If I insert "\begin{item" it is completed, that is fine. But "\begin{"
gives me "\begin{array}\end{array}". That is not ok, since I did not
want array.
I could not find any way to define the autocompletion results in the
case of many completions. Here I would prever the behaviour of
kile/texmaker(x).
Btw does tw make use of the completion list from kile (cwl files)?

Matthias