[texworks] Project Management type stuff

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Sun Oct 17 13:17:19 CEST 2010

Le 17 oct. 2010 à 10:53, Matthias Pospiech a écrit :

> I think the whole discussion about when you require project management and not and and for which document types or not is just the wrong approach. Think the other way round: If many poeple require project management for tex documents you can include or exclude them as users for tw. Therefore I consider project management as a must have, and under no curcumstances optional for a tex editor. Personally I use projects for any documents. And my templates are widely used, also very successful for by beginners and they are split into many documents and thus require project management.

What I meant is that users should never have to create a project in order to just be able to typeset one single .tex file. This is what the software I referred to (iTeXMac, DirectTeX) did.

If there is somewhere a UI for setting up and managing projects, fine; provided that it remains hidden at first, and does not compromise the elegance of the whole TeXworks UI.

Disclaimer: I have never used any sort of project management software or architecture, even for work involving one hundred files or more, so I'm certainly not objective on the matter.

>> So, regarding TeXworks, I'd suggest that project management, if any, remains unobtrusive and does not imply modifications of the current user interface.
> While I would basically agree with this, it is so vague that it does not help creating an ui.

See above.

Bruno Voisin