[texworks] TeX-Works-Workflow: printing?

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 10:02:00 CEST 2010

 Am 2010-10-17 09:27, schrieb Helge Kruse:
> Am 16.10.2010 19:33, schrieb Stefan Löffler:
>>> Are there other important changes from 0.3r514 to 0.3r567? I would
>>> expect a version number change, when the feature set is changed. Where
>>> can I read about the version numbering scheme?
>>
>> I don't know if the numbering scheme is documented somewhere. Basically,
>> even version numbers (0.2, 0.4, ...) are stable releases, whereas odd
>> version numbers (0.1, 0.3, 0.5, ...) are development versions.
>> Everything behind the 'r' gives the internal revision. As such, features
>> are expected to change throughout the different revisions of the
>> development versions (as they are developed). For a complete change set,
>> see the Google code page:
>> http://code.google.com/p/texworks/source/list?num=55&start=567 (warning:
>> this is programming-specific and not for the faint-hearted ;)).
>> To give a short overview of what has happened between r514 and r567:
>> - Significant improving to scripting (lua, python, ...)
>> - Addition of the experimental "follow focus"
>> - smarten quotes
>> - translation updates
>> - improvements to "Remove Aux Files"
>> - encoding and line ending status bar widgets
>
> So it's always worth to look at newer revision numbers. The change log
> is great. Somehow hidden in the sources at the google source site, but
> with no problem for me. Don't know if it's worth to have a more coarse
> change log for other users...

It definitely is :).
Yeah, the changelog is a bit hidden, but then it's a no use to most
"normal" (read: non-expert / not into programming) users, anyway.
There will of of course (hopefully ;)) be a change log with all the
major changes for the new stable release - in a form that is more
appealing and readable to the average user.

Cheers,