[texworks] TeX-Works-Workflow: printing?

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 18:11:53 CEST 2010

 Hi,

I may be able to shed some light into this.

Am 2010-10-16 16:01, schrieb Bruno Voisin:
>  16 oct. 2010 à 09:59, Helge Kruse a écrit :
>
>> Did I missed a new version of TW? My 0.3 provides printing very well.
> Where did you get this version? No official build (such as 0.3r567, which is the last official build) includes printing, and I'm not even sure Jonathan implemented it.
>
> Is this some MikTeX-based derivative?

Printing is on the wish list
(http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=78). Some time ago,
I posted a patch there that implemented some limited printing
functionality. It was platform specific, and usually fell back to
sending out the raster images that are displayed on the screen to the
printer (instead of vector data). As such, it is far from ideal and
didn't make it into the official code base.
Nevertheless, Alain Delmotte, who provided Windows binaries for some
time, picked it up and provided a version with the printing patch in
addition to the version compiled from the official code base. IIRC, some
people were not too happy about that, and AFAIK he has discontinued
providing test builds for Windows.
On a sidenote, I attempt to host experimental testing builds on
http://web.student.tuwien.ac.at/~e0325258/projects/c/texworks/ (they are
using the official code base, however, so there's no printing patch or
anything...)

HTH