[texworks] TeXWorks Editor Font

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 00:38:45 CEST 2010

Here's a thing to watch out for (perhaps).

I decided to try your suggestion Steffan "Liberation Mono" - got the
fonts, and installed them sucessfully. At first they didn't update in
the font list when I opened it under MENU://Edit/Preferences/Editor

Any way even after restarting the editor  a few times they were not
there, so I typed "Liberation Mono" with out the quotes in hte edit
paret of the drop down box, and restarted the editor again on the same
document.

I was greeted by what looked like Chinese charactors.

Well that had to be a utf- type problem I thought.

Re-opened preferences, and sure enough with out any help from
me---when I had asked for "Liberation Mono", utf-16 had been selected.
I re-set it to utf-8 and restarted, re-opened the document and all was
fine.

(All the Liberation fonts were there as well now in the drop down box.)

I like "Liberation Mono" , it works at smaller font sizes nicely, and
think I'll use it, so thanks for the  pointer Steffan.

Paul