[texworks] no "jump to source' choice on the right click menu of PDF

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 16:00:47 CEST 2010

 Hi,

Am 2010-09-15 23:01, schrieb Xiang Wan:
> I am using Miktex 2.8 with texworks 0.3. Most of the cases, after
> compiling, we can switch from the source to PDF or other way around by
> click the 'Jump to PDF (Source)'. However, sometimes the 'Jump to
> source' button in the PDF file will just disappear. I am using mostly
> the same template and I can't find where the problem is. Anyone have
> the same problem or get a solution for this?

You are referring to the context menu item for the pdf preview, right?
So, could you please answer a few more questions:
1) Does "Jump to PDF" exist in the editor context menu even if the "Jump
to Source" does not exist?
2) Do you experience problems with other menu items (missing, not
working, etc.)
3) Does Ctrl+LeftClick work (should do the same as "Jump to...")
4) Is there any message in the status bar when (re)loading the pdf?

HTH