[texworks] Tabs in the future?

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Aug 5 09:34:43 CEST 2010

Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

> You can always put a line
>
> % !TEX TS-program = pdflatex
>
> at the top of your source file.  But Perl's comment character is #
> instead of %, hence you can't use this feature with Perl.  But I
> wouldn't use TeXworks in order to write Perl scripts anyway because
> TeXworks doesn't support Perl syntax.

Well, I currently use WinEDT V5.6 for this task, which also
doesn't support Perl syntax, but I rarely if ever use any
aspect of either WinEDT or TeXWorks that requires an knowledge
of the underlying source syntax : I use both almost exclusively
to simply launch programs associated with a given source (tab) --
PdfTeX, PdfLaTeX, XeTeX, Perl, Adobe Acrobat, ...

** Phil.