[texworks] Sweave with Texworks - Update

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 16:54:52 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 2010-08-01 16:48, schrieb Christopher David Desjardins:
> My initial set up indeed involves working with a .Rnw extension.
>
> For the moment, running Sweave (as I've written)
> creates a .tex file which I can then open in TeXworks and run pdflatex
> on.

I have never used Sweave, but if you don't need to edit the .tex file
(i.e., it's just an intermediary file that is only used as input for
pdflatex) then you could write a little script that does both things
(running Sweave and consecutively LaTeX) in one. To that end, latexmk
(or similar systems that run pdflatex as often as necessary) might come
in handy. See
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/AdvancedTypesettingTools
Note that in this case, you should be able to see the pdf directly in
Tw, but SyncTeX wouldn't work (it wouldn't synchronize with the .Rnw,
that is).

HTH