[texworks] SCRIPTS: upload (download) location(s) and editing of entries

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 17:24:49 CEST 2010

 Hi,

Am 2010-07-07 01:30, schrieb Paul A Norman:
> I need to make a change to that LaTeX2e Help script I just uploaded,
> but I find that everytime I want to do that on the Issues list where
> we are placing these scripts, I have to delete my previous entry and
> upload, to remove the upload or edit the descriptive text on the
> issue.
>
> You do not appear to be able to edit the issues as a user (your own
> entries I mean), only delete it.
>
> Can this be changed?

AFAIK, no. GC is somewhat limited in some respects (like this one).

> Or is there somewhere else I can put my scripts? I am willing to use
> some of my own web space if that will help.  And post an issue for
> each new script pointing to the download?

Sure, you can put your scripts wherever you want. Eventually, we may
even want to start some kind of scripting repository. But that would
require a substantial amount of web scripting, and as far as I
understand the TUG server is not suited for that.
FYI: the issue in GC was just an easy and convenient place to start. Of
course as the number of scripts grows larger, that issue will get very
long and practically unusable.

-Stefan