[texworks] Scripting + Updates (was: HELP: Integrated Tw LaTeX2e Help dialogue)

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 05:05:57 CEST 2010

On 5 July 2010 01:27, Stefan Löffler <st.loeffler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> This makes me wonder: I'm currently in contact with Alain about updating
> his manual. But we should eventually also create a scripting manual
> (Jonathan started on the wiki, but that's pretty hopelessly out of date
> by now, and I think we have more than we can reasonably put on the wiki.
> Would you be willing to help with this? Especially a "Tips & Tricks"
> section would be nice, and you have the most experience with this, I think.
>
> HTH
> Stefan

We really do need to do something, however I have always expressed my
upmost regard for the fine way in which Alain Delmotte has handled the
manual, and have absolutley no doubt that Jonathan Kews has greater
experience and wisdom than me in handling the writeup on scripting.

What ever arrangements are set in place by Jonathan, I would be happy
to contribute copy to him  or Alain or both, towards tips and tricks,
or anything else in Scripting.

And suggested some simple steps towrds this in
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=370&can=5

But I believe that the best men for the job are already in place, and
both Alain and Jonathan have my vote of confidence!