[texworks] Setting the typesetting

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jul 1 17:16:47 CEST 2010

On Jul 1, 2010, at 3:19 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 1 juil. 2010 à 00:07, Alain Schremmer a écrit :
>
>> It never occurred to me that TeXworks would only typeset in TeX. I just thought it not remembering the setting was unusual behavior.
>
> Hi Alain,
>
> I'm not quite sure what you mean: TeXworks does remember the setting indeed, it just has to be set in Preferences > Typesetting > Processing tools > Default.
>
> TeXShop works exactly the same: the choice of typesetting engine in the toolbar is not remembered from one run to the next (by this I mean after closing the application and reopening it); for it to be remembered, you have to set it in Preferences > Typesetting > Default Command.
>
> Bruno

Howdy,

Let me interject... that's exactly why TeXworks understands the TeXShop command

% !TEX TS-program = xxxxx

where xxxxx is the TeXworks tool you wish it to execute. That way no mater what the default setting is the file gets compiled that way YOU want it to be compiled.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)