[texworks] HELP: Integrated Tw LaTeX2e Help dialogue

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 08:08:02 CEST 2010

On 1 July 2010 17:59, Stefan Löffler <st.loeffler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 2010-07-01 07:50, schrieb Paul A Norman:
>> I've removed the download.
>>

> There's no need to. Jonathan committed the modality patch (all dialogs
> are forced to be modal for now) yesterday. So it should be safe.

These patches don't work into releases for ages.

I'll correct the .ui and repost cleaning up other issues in a few days
hopefully.

>> On 1 July 2010 17:38, Paul A Norman <paul.a.norman at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> "Until Tw crashed (reproducibly) without obvious reason
>>> to the user."
>>>
>>> Was that with an unsaved new document or a general saved document please?
>>>

> This didn't matter. If you closed the document from which you called the
> script, Tw would crash as soon as the script ended. As I wrote
> previously, I assume that it tried to access/free memory that was no
> longer available as it had belonged to the calling window.

On 649 (personal) -- unaltered

I can not reproduce that.

If I have various Tw documents open, and one of the calls the help
dialogue, and then I close the Tw Editor that called the help dialogue
- so far I have not had a crash when I close the Help Dialogue after
that, I can continue working in other Tw windows no problem -- may be
it will happen to me later for some reason.

Paul