[texworks] HELP: including EPS in LaTeX

Daniel Becker d.becker at jpberlin.de
Tue Jun 29 11:48:27 CEST 2010

This is because you are typesetting your file with pdflatex (directly from .tex to .pdf) and not the "traditional" way .tex -> .dvi -> .ps -> pdf (as still standard for Windows/MikTeX users).

You have two ways out

1) typeset your file in the oldschool way. Not recommended, but you could do that with the help of the tex -> dvips -> ps2pdf entry at http://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/AdvancedTypesettingTools

2) add \usepackage{epstopdf} to you preamble. This will trigger an automatic conversion of your eps-file to pdf which is then automatically used by pdflatex. There is also \usepackage{epspdfconversion} with a similar functionality (offers a few more options like grayscaling etc)

It can't hurt to read
http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/oberdiek/epstopdf.pdf
http://mactex-wiki.tug.org/wiki/index.php/Graphics_inclusion
http://ug.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/epspdfconversion/epspdfconversion.pdf