[texworks] Cached version of .sty being used?

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 03:37:50 CEST 2010

Hi All!

Have a problem that would appear to be probably casued by other
processes, but never happened before I used TeXWorks.

Back in the day when using the comand line for compiling my LaTeX
documents this never happened to my knowledge/that I noticed.

I am floating the issue here in case any one else has noticed it or
encounters it simetime.

Yesterday I made repeated changes to an .sty and they were never
reflected in the output .pdf, either poplar or acrobat reader.

I checeked the date stamp on the .sty and it was updating with ewach
save, I even monitored it from another editor, and the changes were in
the saved version.

But were never used in the re-made .pdf.

I deleted all auxilary files, deleted the generated .pdf to force
visible regenreation, all to no effect.

In the end I closed and re-opened TeXWorks and all was finally working.

Hence I see some possible connection to Tw editor, and the processes
it spawns to compile .pdfs

Thought to post on it in case over time any one notices anything simillar.