[texworks] German translation
st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 14:11:31 CEST 2010
I've been working on updating the German translation of Tw, but I've run
into a problem I ask all German-speaking readers of this list to help
Most of the new strings could be translated in a fairly straight-forward
way, with one exception:
"Scripting TeXworks" (found in the "Scripts" menu)
A few possibilities I've come up with:
* "TeXworks skripten" (a horrible Anglicism)
* "TeXworksskripte" (repetition of "Skripts", looks even worse to me
than the same repetition in the English version)
* "TeXworks & Skripte" (maybe the best option so far)
* "Skripte für TeXworks" (sounds as if all the other scripts in the menu
don't have anything to do with Tw)
* "Scripting TeXworks" (i.e., a verbatim copy from English; no really an
* "Verwalten" (not a translation, but probably gets across the point)
The last alternative, "Verwalten" = "Manage"/"Organize" could even be an
option to be included in the main sources, to somewhat alleviate the
long-standing problem of the repetitive occurrence of the word "script"
(in some variations).
What do you think?
More information about the texworks