[texworks] Experimental builds for Windows

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 17:56:29 CEST 2010

Hi,

since the Windows builds on GC are quite old (r567 vs. r663), because
several people have asked for new builds, and to disburden Jonathan a
bit, I've put an unofficial and highly experimental build on
http://web.student.tuwien.ac.at/~e0325258/projects/c/texworks/ for those
who don't want or can't build it themselves.

Note that this is my first attempt to cross-compile Windows binaries
from Linux. I tested the resulting files briefly and they seemed to
work, but there's no guarantee. There are a few caveats/limitations as
well that are mentioned on the page. If Jonathan has no problem with
this and this works for people, I should be able to update the builds
fairly easily.

HTH
Stefan

PS: With TL in the pre-release testing phase, we should do the same. So
test, test, and debug ;).
PPS: My apologies to all Mac users out there. Their builds are equally
old, but I have neither the software nor the hardware nor the expertise
to produce Mac versions.