[texworks] texworks and eps graphics

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 20:18:37 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 2010-06-17 17:22, schrieb Greg Bennett:
> Good morning all. I am attempting to move a latex project to linux,
> specifically Ubuntu 10.04, 64-bit, using TeXworks as a shell.
>
> I had hoped to use TeXworks as a shell to carry out the latex command
> step, but I have encountered
> an error in the processing of the graphics. Below I include
> (b) an edited version of the log from xelatex under TeXworks, having
> removed all the redeclarations etc.
> items;

Is this a XeLaTeX document or a LaTeX document?

In any case, TeXworks only has the pdf version of the tex tool family
included by default (as that is the encouraged and most wide-spread
variety). For postscript files, you probably need the three-step process
you mentioned. See
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/AdvancedTypesettingTools for ways
to define that in TeXworks. I tried "latex -> dvips -> ps2pdf" with a
quickly sketched eps file and it compiled for me. If this doesn't help,
could you send your eps file?

HTH