[texworks] Script: Assertion Failed - any limits to array size or anything?

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 14:38:47 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 2010-06-12 13:36, schrieb Paul A Norman:
> Just checking, is there any limit to array size or anything  when
> using QtScript?

I don't know of any principal, hard-coded limit. But of course you'll
eventually run out of memory - and this doesn't necessarily mean
physical memory (RAM), but can also be related to how/where Qt stores
data internally. It's also noteworthy that there can be a considerable
overhead for script-data, i.e. an integer is not necessarily stored as a
4-byte int, but may be associated with all sorts of meta-data relevant
for the scripting engine.

What array sizes are we talking about, anyway? How do you allocate those
arrays? And at what point does the error occur (when creating the array,
when adding items, when accessing items, ...)?

> I am getting the attached error message thrown up occasionally when
> using a lot of array space.

Unfortunately, this doesn't tell me much at the moment. Can you somehow
determine the complete path to the file where the error originates
(without the ellipsis)? Maybe that could help (though somehow I doubt it).

Regards,