[texworks] Scripting: retirieving and stroring text on filesystem

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 12:30:02 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am trying to do persistence of user settings and in specific
\definecolor settings from the xcolor colour dialogue I am writing.

Can we please revisit the concept of providing to QTScript a
getText(fileName) and saveText(fileName, text) functions?

I've got several workarounds infront of me, the one used in
bibliography is not GUI firendly, it falshes things infront of people,
and Jonathan pointed out that it may present memory overhead issues.

I have looked at various TW.system approaches, and each has their draw backs.

And I understand that EMCA is looking to include file acess in the
next revision, and gives permission to individual implementers to
extend the syntax as things stand already, and Qt themselves have
added a number of things in QtScript already.

Would be very much appreciated please?