[texworks] Message from TeXworks user: Entering Unicode characters directly

Joel C. Salomon joelcsalomon at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 18:57:03 CEST 2010

I am used to entering Unicode characters, e.g. "…" U+2026 Ellipsis, by
hitting ctrl+shift+U then typing the Unicode value.  This works in
almost all applications I use on my Ubuntu Linux box, but not in TeXworks.

Does anyone know why this is so, or how to work-around the problem?

(Can a script be written to imitate this functionality?)

Thanks,
—Joel Salomon