[texworks] Compiling with mingw32

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed May 26 09:47:22 CEST 2010

Dear Paul,

Am 2010-05-25 15:04, schrieb Paul A Norman:
> Thanks for that. [...]
> I just did another clean make process, and sat watching the /release
> folder and my eyes nearly popped out when I saw TexWorks.exe appear!

Great! (that it worked, not that your eyes nearly popped out ;))

> For a "sheltered" :)  Windows programmer, this has been a worthwhile
> learning curve.  I am much more interested now in looking
> into/learning Qt C++ cross platform open source programming should
> time be available to me.
>
> My fist impressions are of how clean and well layed-out the TeXWorks
> C++ files are, very easy to follow, compared to some I have looked
> into. Learning while looking at an application I am coming to know
> well should be helpful.

Cool, the more programmers there are, the better :).
Re. the source structure, it's pretty good, but there's always some room
for improvement ;). This will probably be necessary to exploit when
we're heading for project support, but there's some time until then.

> If I am making .ui type scripts, what sort of timetable are we on for
> general releases to be showing that functionality please?

What kind of timetable are you talking about?
If you're talking about posting new _experimental_ builds on GC that
have the ui functions included, it's up to Jonathan and when he finds
some time to build and upload those.
If you're talking about a _stable_ release, this will probably be tied
to the TL release schedule. I'm not sure when TL'10 will be released,
but I guess it's sometime in summer or early fall. And until then, we
should have scripting completed and tested ;).

Cheers,