[texworks] Using TeXworks with the keyboard

Helge Kruse Helge.Kruse-nospam at gmx.net
Tue May 25 20:41:26 CEST 2010

Hello,

editing text with a LaTeX editor should be a natural thing. And it works
well with the keyboard. Unfortunately I need the mouse to use the menus
of TeXworks. When I press alt-f, the character f is inserted in the
document. Pressing and releasing alt moves the focus to the menu bar.
Here I can navigate with the arrow keys and use the menu.

Would it be possible to change TeXworks to support the usual keyboard
shortcuts like alt-f for file menu and alt-e for edit menu and so on?

I am using TeXworks 0.3 (r514)(MiKTeX 2.8) on a Windows 7 (64 bit).
Regards,
Helge