[texworks] latex->dvips->ps2pdf

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue May 25 07:23:06 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 2010-05-25 06:08, schrieb David Arnold:
> We tried the directions on a Mac running Windows 7, Miktex 2.7, and Texworks 466.
>
> http://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/AdvancedTypesettingTools#latex_-%3E_dvips_-%3E_ps2pdf
>
> We're happy to report that it compiled our file (with lots of pstricks in it). However, we did not have forward or inverse search.
>
> Has anyone been successful with this that allows Ctrl+Click forward and inverse search?

I just tried on Linux with a simple test document, and it worked for me.
Since MiKTeX 2.7 should in principle support synctex as well, you should
only be a tiny step away from success ;).
So, few questions to begin with:
1) Did synctex work for you before (for other documents, e.g. simple
pdflatex'ed ones)?
2) When your pdf is opened, does the pdf's status bar say it found a
synctex file or does it say it didn't find such a file (this message
only flashes briefly)?
3) Do you have a file mytexfile.synctex created alongside the pdf (where
mytexfile is the name of your tex file, of course)?

If you only get a mytexfile.synctex.gz, and the pdf window complains
about not finding any (useful) synctex data, you could try replacing
"-synctex=1" by "-synctex=-1" in the .bat file to generate uncompressed
synctex data.

HTH