[texworks] Compiling with mingw32

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Mon May 24 12:24:36 CEST 2010

Dear Paul,

Am 2010-05-24 11:30, schrieb Paul A Norman:
> Here are two  redirected files.
>
> Both don't show this at the end (pasted from the console box):
>
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> mingw32-make[1]: *** [release/TeXworks.exe] Error 1
> mingw32-make: *** [release] Error 2

If there are no other errors, this almost seems to me as if the build
has succeeded? Are the synctex errors gone?
If not, you should be able to redirect both normal messages and errors
to the same file by (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/110930):
mingw32-make 1> outputlog.txt 2>&1
This way it will be easier to diagnose where what problem occurs.

> Using just normal texworks.pro
>
>                  QMAKE_LFLAGS += -Wl,--export-dynamic
> Redirected Output to File:
>            outPut_QMAKE_LFLAGS_Normal_Texworks.pro_switches.txt
>
> And (after hunting around in the gcc.pdf manual)
> using in texwprks.pro
>
> 	QMAKE_LFLAGS += -Wl,-verbose -Q --export-dynamic
> Redirected Output to File:
>            outPut_QMAKE_LFLAGS_Extra_switches.txt

As far as I can see, this doesn't provide much additional helpful
information (just long long lists of where the linker is trying to find
all the files it needs). So for the time being, I think the normal
version is sufficient.

-Stefan