[texworks] Compiling with mingw32

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun May 23 16:15:42 CEST 2010

Am 2010-05-23 13:02, schrieb Paul A Norman:
> I went abck to the beginning and rebuilt the Lua5.1 but I still get
> c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.4.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe:
> cannot find -lQtXml
> My KDEDIRS env variable is set up and I've got kde directories
> including c:\KDE\include;  in the path and c:\KDE\include\QtXml exists
> with all of its files.

OK, but the directories you mention are for include files needed by the
compiler. Your error is created later by the linker. The file it is
looking for is probably c:\KDE\lib\libQtXml.a. My guess is that you have
a libQtXml4.a. In this case I'd suggest you follow the steps documented
in the wiki page's Q&A under "When building TeXworks, I get an error
about a missing Qt library of the form ".../ld.exe: cannot find
-lQtScript". What's wrong?"

> May be I have the wrong version of KDE?  I have run
> C:\KDE\bin\designer.exe and it reports as QT 4.6

4.6 should work fine.