[texworks] Sync with external editor? (almost working!)

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue May 4 17:23:17 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 2010-05-03 20:59, schrieb Ryan Long:
> When I call Texworks as my PDF viewer from vim, it does find the
> SyncTex file.  I get a little status notification
> at the bottom of the screen that says Synctex: "/path/to/filename.synctex.gz"
>
> When I try to do a search from vim, I get this error in Texworks:
> "Cannot read file "$X":
> No such file or directory", where $X=the line number in my .tex file
> corresponding to the search.
>
> This seems so very close to working!  Does anyone have a suggestion on
> how I could fix this?

This feature is on the wish-list, but not (fully) implemented yet.
Basically, what is needed in Tw is a command line parser
(http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=113). There has been
some initial work going on with this, but it's not yet in the main code.
One other thing: it seems that vim is trying to open a file "$X". Can
this be configured somehow? What we'd need is something like "texworks
--position=$X $filename".

HTH