[texworks] connect failed when downloading

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue May 4 17:01:58 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 2010-04-29 12:44, schrieb Caterina Cruciani:
> MiKTeX Problem Report
> Message: No connection could be made because the target machine
> actively refused it.
>
> Data: connect failed in tcp_connect()
>
> can someone help me? what do I need to do?

this sounds very much like a MiKTeX specific problem, so it would be
best to contact the MiKTeX mailing list about it - they should be able
to help you.

In the meantime, the only thing I can suggest is to check if you can
reach the selected mirror (e.g. in a web browser) or to select an
entirely different mirror (in the MiKTeX Package manager, AFAIK).

HTH