[texworks] Help please with Integer constants and use in messageboxes

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 13:19:46 CEST 2010

On 25 April 2010 21:24, Jonathan Kew <jfkthame at googlemail.com> wrote:
> It's pretty neat that this works;

Could write wrappers and other re-usable Tw specifc helper functions
in Libraries

>however, I think we should expose a readFile() method to directly read the text of a file, rather than going through the "open document, get text, close document" sequence. That's pretty inefficient, and could become a significant overhead if you were loading a number of script libraries.

readFile()  would be really helpful for other things as well.

> I'm curious whether this:
>
>>           thisLibrary = thisLibrary.replace(/\//g, '\\'); //MS Windows Specific
>
> is actually needed? Many programs and functions on Windows will accept either \ or / as path separators; did you try it without this conversion?

Thanks Jonathan, I started using that in early scripts (earlier Tw
vers) when it threw a message box (and an exception I think) saying
"Can not read file "dah dah": No such file or directory", and that
fixed the problem, but I just rem-ed it out and it is not necessary at
all now (windows Xp) it seems (Tw ver 0.3 r606).