[texworks] Missing symbols in graphics (was: message from TeXworks user(MiKTeX))

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 12:46:16 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 2010-04-18 00:17, schrieb Francisco Vera:
> Let me start saying how much I enjoy using your program, just started
> when MiKTex 2.8 came out. It is so simple, and the ability of going
> back and forth between the pdf and the latex is handy (this was to
> hard to do in other editors).

Glad you like it :).

> I have this latex file which produces an output pdf with several
> plots. I can see all the plots fine using Adobe Reader to see the pdf.
> However, using the pdf viewer from TexWorls, two of the plots show
> incomplete, only with axis, labels and lines, but no points! I can
> probably send you the pdf so you can check it. Please let me know if I
> can send you the pdf as attachment.

There have been a few issues with the pdf previewer in the past. See the
following messages and their replies, maybe one of them can help you.
http://tug.org/pipermail/texworks/2009q4/001690.html
http://tug.org/pipermail/texworks/2010q1/002308.html
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=122

If none of the threads mentioned above help, could you do the following:
1) Try with the latest version available on Google Code. The problem may
have been solved without the MiKTeX team updating their binaries.
2) Tell us how you created your plots (Mathematica?)
3) Create a minimal example file (i.e., only the image), and post all
resources (.tex, .pdf, etc)

HTH