[texworks] Shortcuts and accelerators

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 17 23:32:52 CEST 2010

On 17 Apr 2010, at 21:28, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Apr 17, 2010, at 3:05 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

>> Usually the Save button is selected by default, so that pressing Return on the keyboard is a shortcut to clicking Save with the mouse. The Escape key is, as usual, a shortcut for clicking on Cancel. But there is not shortcut, to my knowledge, equivalent to clicking on Don't Save. Quite inconvenient to have to use the mouse just for that.

Yes, this has irritated me too! So now that you've brought it up, I figured out how I can add shortcuts to such alerts. In the source, I've just added Cmd-D for the Don't Save button; there may be a few other dialogs that could benefit from similar treatment, so feel free to make suggestions. (I also added a shortcut in the Revert dialog, though I don't suppose that's used nearly so often.)

The shortcuts can of course be modified by translators when they localize the interface.

Thanks,

JK