[texworks] message from TeXworks user

Peter Hertel peter.hertel at uni-osnabrueck.de
Thu Apr 15 11:34:58 CEST 2010

The problems which I have described have vanished after compiling the
latest version (r.606) on my Ubuntu 9.10 system. The program which
caused troubles was an update as recommended by the Ubuntu Update
manager. I wish Ubuntu makes available the newest TeXLive version so
that we may profit from SyncTeX, which for me is the most outstanding
feature of TeXworks.

Peter Hertel wrote:

I use the latest upgrade r.605 of TeXworks for Ubuntu 9.10. I want to
stay with it, however, there are oddities which showed not up in the
older Windows version. In particular, if I use the control-copy and
control-paste feature, certain strings suddenly appear at unwanted
positions giving rise to strange results or to compilation errors. The
former is even worse. What has gone wrong?
Peter Hertel